Skip to content
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Participate in developing new cocktail recipes.
- Provide a pleasant drinking experience to customers.
- Attend to the detail and presentation of each order.
- Adheres to proper alcohol handling, sanitation, safety procedures, labeling, and rotation of all beverage items.
- Assist with receipt of deliveries.
- Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme drink menus in collaboration with the supervisor.
- Ensures smooth operation of bar services during absence of a supervisor.
- Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules.
- Assists with orienting new employees to their work area.
- Listens to customer complaints and suggestions and resolves complaints.
- Instructs personnel in use of new equipment and cleaning methods and provides efficient and effective methods of maintaining work area.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Have exceptional grooming and hygiene habits.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 40 lbs.